Saturday, October 23, 2010

when God calls...

Lately, God has been impressing things on Jeff and I's heart. Its amazing to me how He works, how He askes, how He confirms and then how He walks it out. I've had a lot of doubt in my mind. Wondering, could this be? Do you really want us to do these things? Are we to continue growing things we are doing and adding to what we do... His answer... YES!

Since this bout with sister, she's been down for about 4 weeks now. I asked God again, Do you still want me to be active in ministry? Do you still want me doing the things I do? Have you changed your mind? His answer... He hasn't changed His mind at all and what He spoke... well he's the same yesterday, today and forever!

Something I'm learning right now is that in every life situation God AND His plan remain the same, we just have to learn to work around life circumstances. For me right now, I'm learning to NOT control so much. I'm learning to let go and to let others step in. I'm learning to RELEASE what I think I HAVE to do and allow God to utilize folks around me to continue on.

As I was reading my Bible this morning, this is the verse I found... 1 Corinthians 15:58 "therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know what your labor in the Lord in not in vain."

The verses prior to this are talking about sin and the sting of death, but the truth in it is... there are temptations across the board to let things distract you. No matter what Life's circumstances are, we are called to stand firm and to give ourselves fully to the work of the Lord! God knows what we need to hear. Circumstances by no means change or altor the life God called us to because its still reality... it means that we trust him to manage those circumstances and move forward.

I'm not writing this to toot my own horn, I'm writing this to share what God is showing me right now. Blogging for me is a way of first of all, journaling what God's speaking to me, but second of all, I want to share what God has spoke to me in hopes it will be something that will help some one else! God is awesome and He has all things in His hand and in His perfect time!

No comments: