Wednesday, June 24, 2009

He is the LIGHT...

Well, we seem to be very much back in the muddle of medical crisis right now. It's a hard one to swallow and a hard one to face after an entire year of very little bumps! I have been doing a lot of praying and asking God what is going on. I've been confused, hurt, a little angry, lonely, scared and even struggling to talk about the reality of what we are seeing at home.

If you will notice, I have changed the scripture on my blog header. It talks about how God is our light and HE turns our darkness into light. Sunday in church while worshipping. I began to cry and think about what the kids are going through right now. The tests, the up & Coming surgery, etc etc. And I was overwhelmed with sorrow. I began to question God. And I heard Him speak. He said "I am who I am."

I stood there for a minute silent in worship... then I put it to practice... God is who He is in the face of tests, He is who He is in the face of possible Mitochondrial disease, He is who He is in the face of surgery... No matter what we are facing, God remains the same. The God who gave us a good year is the same God who is with us in these hard times with the kids health.

I don't know what we have to face ahead of us, but I'm holding to the promise on my header... We feel we are in Darkness right now. the fear of the unknown... struggling to understand... but this scripture holds a promise for all in darkness.... HE WILL TURN MY DARKNESS INTO LIGHT. So, I wait and I watch in total faith that the sun is gonna shine and we will ALL see the work of God's hand again!

2 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

Great post Mindy. Love the new verse!

Sue said...

Mindy,
This really touched my heart today. Thanks for the uplifting words of encouragement. We should be ministering to you and here you are ministering to us.

God Bless you and your family!