Saturday, June 27, 2009

I often wonder...

This morning, I was thumbing through my Bible. Wanting to read but not sure what to read. I came across this verse:
Ephesians 2:21,22
In him the whole building is joined together
and rises to become a holy temple in the Lord.
And in him you too are being built together
to become a dwelling in which God lives by his Spirit.
I look around our world today and I wonder why more people don't know Christ. As we drive into Cincinnati, we go through a neighbor hood that is actually frightening. This time though, I was heart broken. It was 90+ degrees outside. Many were out with their children trying to get by with the heat. Looking for shade. Looking for a safe place to rest in the heat. And I wonder just how many of them know about the safety in Christ. That He is our refuge and He is our strength.
I sit back and I look at the body of Christ. I look at my own life and I wonder when I walk through places, when I encounter people who are lost, when I see the broken, or when I talk to someone who is confused, do they see it in me? Do they see that I am a dwelling of our most high God? Is there something in me that begins to answer their questions? Do they see something in my life that makes them hungry to draw nearer to God?
As of late, I have been really broken for those around me. yes, we are going through our struggles, but putting them in perspective, they are nothing compared to the world around us. I pray that my life is shown as a dwelling place of God. More so, I pray that the body of Christ as a whole is able to draw together, over come the obstacle of individual opinions and beliefs and become a dwelling place of God. It isn't about a building or the name of the church you attend, it's about what this verse says "YOU TOO ARE BEING BUILT TOGETHER TO BECOME A DWELLING IN WHICH GOD LIVES BY HIS SPIRIT..." If we could just lay down our own desires and beliefs... if we could just let God mold us and have total control... there would be no question... the nations would meet Jesus! My prayer: God help me lay down my own desires and let you build me up!

No comments: