Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Totally amazing...




In our Growth group, we are doing the Experiencing God study. It's amazing. One of the things that we are talking about right now is knowing God through our experiences. Knowing God through where we see Him working and acting on what He is doing. I've been so distracted and struggling. The extent of what we could be looking at with medical stuff again is terrifying. They are back to the big time of searching for answers. Yet, the kids keep defying the odds. I keep watching and waiting... yet holding my breath pleading that we won't get bad news again. Agonizing over what they "could" find... then I stop and look. Joey is hyper active now... he used to be lethargic and so exhausted all the time. Abby is non stop running, chasing friends, climbing play ground equipment, RIDING her bike with out our help... she used to cry from leg pain and beg us to carry her. I struggle with fear that we are going backwards but every day GOD takes us forward. This lesson has so hit home with me and helped me ot see the God that we serve! He is working in their lives. He's working in my life. He's teaching me to trust in the worst of times. He's touching the lives of people around us. I know one thing... my spot in life is to stand behind my kiddos and cheer them on! They have come so far and I believe they have one powerful calling on their lives! Don't know what it's going to look like, but I know it has already begun! We do serve an amazing God! ~Mindy

1 comment:

Sue said...

Yes, we do serve an amazing God. One has only to look at your children to realize that.

Thank you for this post, Mindy. I needed to be reminded...yet again...that God is to be trusted, no matter WHAT is happening around us.

God bless you and Jeff for the faith you exhibit in the face of such adversity. You are both an inspiration to us!