Sunday, February 27, 2011

Please join me...

Please join me in praying for the Agnew family today. Their sweet Maggie lost her fight last night at 8:40 to mitochondrial disease. My heart aches for them as I can only imagine what they are feeling...


Many do not understand why we are doing this walk in April or this benefit dinner in March. Sadly, many dont even understand what mitochondrial disease is. So many kiddos look so good but deep inside this "Invisible" disease is robbing them of their life... so, THIS is why. It isn't just about us or raising money for something WE are passionate about... it's about fighting a disease that takes away too many lives to early! I want to do something. I want to stand in the gap and fight with and FOR these families who have already lost some one they love so dearly! Then, I want to fight for something to stop it... something to find a way to save some lives and stop this awful disease.


I know God has ultimate purpose and all of our days are numbered! I know that in my heart. But I also know that he has given us the ability to do things as well. To pray, to help, to support, to love these families. It isn't about what we can do on our own strength, it's about learning, understanding and standing together to work towards finding answers! So, join me, if you would! Walk with us April 30th and donate to help raise money for research! Or join our dinner on March 19th and donate there.not a dime of this is going to us... every single penny is going to research. We aren't even taking money out to cover our expensese... So, you can come and know that every penny is for the cause! We are going to talk about what mito really is and we are going to share our story. So today, for sweet Maggie, I wanna fight!


Jesus, hold this sweet baby girl close! Love on her and hold her family so close right now! May they feel your comfort and your peace! Amen!

No comments: