Monday, January 29, 2007

Daily learning...


I find myself daily learning as to what God desires of our lives. I read Jeff's blog today (a must read) concerning envy. I sometimes envy other people's lives. I envy others who have healthy children, I envy those who get to work side by side with their spouces, I envy those that just simply get to go out and have fun at the drop of a hat... but today, I realize that envy is meaningless. I have more than I could ever ask for. The health of my children, they are here and they are with me. They don't have to be perfect. I praise God that I can hold them, I can comfort them. Tonight, I was crying and Abby kept wiping my tears saying "mommy, top cying" (spelled as spoken). I couldn't ask for more in a daughter. Then, Joey (7 mths old) sat quiet to listen to the bed time story from Abby's Bible story book. At prayer time, Abby and Joey held each others hands... they may not be the healthiest, but they are happy, they love each other and they love God! Then I step back and I look at my husband. I might not be able to be with him and minister with him at this time in our lives, but we are there for each other no matter what. We talk each other through life, we lift each other and we encourage each other! When one struggles, the other is strong and helps them through. I couldn't thank God for a better man in my life and even though we aren't "together" all the time, we are united. I have a lot to be thankful for. I was convicted by the thought of envy controlling my life. It often does, but today I step back and I look at what I have. Two wonderful children and a wonderful marriage. We are happy. We love God. We may struggle with what life throws at us, but we hold together to pull through. God fulfills our every need and gives us the strength for each day. All other things are not important because God has seen to it that I have what I need for today. Life may not be perfect, but hey, who's life is? =) I hope you aren't raising your hand... we all know better! :-) God does provide though and I don't have to envy for anything... now tomorrow... I might struggle! =)

Cute moments... Well, todays cute moments consisted of watching Abby and Joey play in Abby's rooms. Abby emptied her entire toy box today hold one item up at a time asking "Safe, fer bubby" Then after I answered yes... she's hand it to him with a smile... THEN THE BEST OF ALL... Jeff always hated when I came home from the daycare before our two bundles arrived singing the little kids songs... especially the five little monkeys... I get a call from Jeff tonight who is out getting McDonalds because mommy's head hurt to bad to look at the kitchen... and he confesses... HE HAD TO SING FIVE LITTLE MONKEYS REQUESTED BY ABBY!!! Did he do it mommy's way? Nope! He sure didn't, but it made her giggle. He couldn't remember the tune and well, he confessed... it sounded like a rap song! Ha! Too funny! I knew that his day would come when he would be humbled to my level! =) Good job skeeter! You made daddy sing!!!!

No comments: