Friday, January 23, 2009

Something great!


OK, after having the disaster of the sopapilla's (even though they tasted good)... I will post something more positive from my kitchen experience... I did discover after talking with a family member that my oil probably got to hot... wasn't necessarily the loose flour that made my smoke! LOL! so... don't make your own deep fryer with out a thermometer! Now, on to happy thoughts! I was successful at my flaky buttermilk biscuits! We had these Tuesday night! My mother-n-law came over for dinner. Because of her cancer, she struggles to swallow, so I made her some gravy to go over them. I won the award for yummy that night! LOL! I love baking! I wish I could have a little shop or something that I bake for. cause, I'd just be in my happy place! LOL!

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

You'll doing great at all this baking! I'm with ya'! I'd love to have my own coffee shop and sell baked goods and maybe some fabrics after all this quilt shop shopping we've done:)

Anonymous said...

PLEASE SET UP YOUR SHOP NEXT DOOR SO I HAVE EASY ACCESS.
LOVE, MAMAW STUMP

brenda c said...

I never mastered the art of fluffy biscuts so you can bake for me anytime!!!!!