Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Struggles and Joys...

Right now, as life has come to a normal pace, and we don't have much medical stuff any more going on... we have begun to see the damage it has caused in our kids. Abby is the most apparent right now. She is very emotional, struggling to control those emotions and behaviorally acts like a two year old when she is upset. So, we have done loads of thinking, praying and wondering what to do along with trying every thing we know... finally we gave in and went to the doctor. Our Ped is a good Christian man. He feels after much talking, that she is going through her two's and three's because she is just now feeling like life is normal. So, he recommended two things... one, if she has a day with no tantrums, then she gets a sticker. We started small. She only has to be good two days for her reward. Her reward is a date with either mommy or daddy. It could be for ice cream, could be play time at the park, etc etc. Some thing inexpensive that makes her feel like she is important. Today, she got her second sticker! She was so excited she was BOUNCING through the house. She has chosen to go with daddy to the Chocolate Moose and have an ice cream cone. Super man ice cream to be exact! 2nd... we are teaching her to pray when she gets upset. We used to do this with the kids when they were sick and we were in fear of the out come. We taught them to pray and rely on God... but I hadn't put it with her tantrums yet. She's doing AWESOME! She comes to me to say "I need to pray." It's so effective. I was thinking though as I listened to her innocence and the tone that she would take as she sweetly asked Jesus for help... I realized how much I need that in my life. At the moments I can't do it on my own power... I often forget to stop and pray. So... it's been a real life lesson for me watching her! She has a heart of God and faith bigger than any I have ever seen!!!

1 comment:

The Besmer Family said...

What an adorable little girl you have there! I want one! Can you believe I already want a girl???!!