Thursday, January 22, 2009

Sopapillas

Last night was Growth Group. I made Sopapilla's for our dinner since our main course was a mexican dishes... They turned out so yummy! Sopapilla's are basically a deep fried sweet bread. I put Powdered sugar on mine and then you are to put honey on them as you eat them.

They were a hit... but my family didn't agree at home!!! I don't have a deep fryer... so I made my own... Umm.. loose flour... well, mixed with oil... makes a really really big amount of smoke! LOL! So, here is my home made fryer sitting in the back yard surrounded by all thes snow! In Janurary... we had EVERY window int he house open trying to air out the smoke it caused! Awww... the price of a yummy dessert! :) too funny!



3 comments:

Derek Chalfant said...

I love those things, haven't had them for a long time, reminds me of the old One Accord resturaunt in Muncie. All you need now is those little red flags to raise up when you need something.

Shelby-Grace said...

I'd say they looked yummy! I'd love to get the recipe when we get back!

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! HOW MANY POINTS ARE IN ONE?
OR CAN YOU STOP WITH JUST ONE? I MIGHT NEED TWO...
LOVE, MAMAW