Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Hard day...

Today, We lost a friend who has taught us so much. Her name is Rina. Rina had a hard battle, especially here lately with her walk with Mitochondrial Disease. If you don't know what Mitochondrial Disease is... the mitochondria are your bodies power houses. When they mitochondria go out... your power goes out. Rina faced every day with a positive attitude. She is precious in spirit! Her loss will be felt greatly! I know that Rina is no longer suffering and she gets to run with energy she has never had... but she will be missed here.

This day has stirred so many emotions. Some really good ones and some that make you just sit and cry. Looking at my own children, they are treating them as though they have mitochondrial disease because that is what their bodies are portraying. This is a very HARD disease to diagnose some times. When I look at Rina's life, I think "Gee, when I grow up, I want to be just like her!" I want to find something to smile about in every circumstance. I want to find joys and bring light to the room of people around me. Rina had one thing under her belt... Her quote on her Caring bridge page is this "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Today is a present. No matter what yesterday held... no need to worry about the mystery of tomorrow... but to focus on today... it's a gift that God has given us. In keeping with Rina's desire... Remember B+ (be positive)

Be blessed my friend as you dance with the angels tonight! We love you!

~mindy

No comments: