Thursday, January 27, 2011

Healthy zone!


I have been really talking to the kids about nutrition, the important things to eat, not over indulging in junk food and I was so cracked up tonight!
We went to Wal-Mart for groceries. I told them they could each pick a snack. So, Abby picks her favorite of the Cheddar & sour cream Pringles. Joey picks the yellow chips (lays, original).
So, they both want their snack in the van. As I am opening them, I realize I don't have snack bowls. So, I remind them that eating things within reason isn't always bad. So, they can have the package but need to NOT sit there and eat the whole bag/can on the way home.
So, as Jeff is putting the rest of the groceries in the back of the van, I hear both kids counting. Abby counts to JUST two and says "That's all I am eating mommy!" Joey doesn't stop till four and says "Mommy, is four Helpy (healthy) food?" I chuckle to myself thinking "Well haven't we developed some extremists" However, I smiled and said "That is a good amount but I don't think a few more for either of you would hurt too much!"
Cracks me up when kids "Get it!" but take it to the extreme! I have to say, they sure make me smile!

No comments: