Friday, June 22, 2007

Celebrations...


You know, days like today I sometimes struggle. I took Joey in for his weight check today and in 10 days, he has nearly lost 2 lbs. again. My heart sank. I found myself wanting to fall into self loathing pitty... Then I thought about it. You know... I look at this picture of Joey... what is he doing? HE IS CRAWLING! I had to stop and be thankful for today because my son has more strength than what he should. He is crawling. He is pulling up. He is sometimes cruising. He is eating mainly by mouth. All of these things are often things mito kids can not do. Times get rough and I grow weary of all that we walk through... but when I stop to think of what it could and probably should be, I am so thankful! Joey's first birthday is less than a month away. We are planning all kinds of fun. I'm sure the fun will be enjoyed more by sister than Joey... but all the same... I can't wait to celebrate! We are getting ready to look into throwing a card shower for Joey. With this card shower though, we'd like to do something different. We are going to be inviting every one who knows Joey to make donations to the United Mitochondrial disease foundation in Joey's honor. They have not found a cure yet for Mito, and this foundation is very reputable and works diligently to not only support mito families, but also to find cures and treatments to improve these kids lives. So, I throw that little thought out there to you! We will be letting every one know soon our plan with this... I will be very excited to see what happens with this.

No comments: