Saturday, October 4, 2008

Boiled cricket any one???

It could only happen to me!!! So, today, we are having family over. I am making a HUGE roaster of chili for us this evening... I'm stirring it... got a clean spoon... took a sip to make sure it is seasoned just right... and there it is... surfacing to the top.... a boiled cricket!!! UG!!!!!!!!! I almost gagged as I had JUST taken a hardy bite! Called my sweet husband in to see what I had found and he said "i'm going to the store, what do you need?" So... we started AGAIN from scratch! What a day!!!!???!!!???

5 comments:

Sue said...

Come on Mindy...it's just a little more protein for your meal!

LOL

The Besmer Family said...

Yuck! That's disgusting! But I do have to agree... it's just a little extra protein!

Unknown said...

I thought you were going to tell us that Joey put it in there.
He's probably not tall enough to reach the pot but I'm sure he could throw it.
I won't give him any ideas but prepare yourself, this is just the kinda thing little boys love to do.
Acutally, you were lucky to find it after the first bite. My luck it would have been the last.

Anonymous said...

I would hate it more if I would have found 1/2 a cricket in the pot!! ewwwwww

Mindy, email me plz. I have a question for you. My email is on our caringbridge site.

HUGS,
Gina Marie and boys
www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahhaugh

GinaMarie said...

Oh and btw.. Congrats on continuing to lose weight. Its better to go slow than fast because when you go fast you are more than likely to gain it back. Keep it up. I hope your Pampered Chef continues to do well also.
Blessings,
Gina Marie and boys.