Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Things that make me smile...

You know, I have been very much struggling with finding my place in life again. I don't know if all of you realize what I put into keeping my kids healthy every day. I don't have to do any of it any more from a medical stand point and I have felt lost. I've found myself feeling as though I'm almost depressed because I don't know what to do with my time. There is PLENTY to do as any wife and mother would experience, but life took such an abrupt change, I think I was almost in a state of shock. Well, the last few days, I have spent much time sitting on my living room floor thoroughly taking in the change in my children. I'm finding myself so much happier. I'm finding myself relaxed and so thankful. I watched my son do pretend play and ENGAGE his sister last night for the first time in play. That's a miracle. All those Autistic tendencies we were seeing are slowly leaving. I think it is finally sinking in this is real and the fear of it all not being true is going away. I'm so thankful for my family and I'm so glad to get to be a mommy who has free time to watch her babies enjoy life instead of worrying about the fluid intake, counting their calories, worrying about med schedules and energy crashes, worrying about monitoring pain... life is starting to feel more and more "normal" every day. We serve and awesome God! -Mindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This makes me smile too Mindy. I can't imagine the shock of it all. Life as you knew it changing so quickly....and for the best! That's so much to be thankful for and to smile about. I'm right there with you cheezing over this one!

GinaMarie said...

Mindy,
Im so glad the kids are doing so well and that you can actually spend your time being a mom now and not spend your time worrying about health, meds and life expentency. Im sure YOUR health will benefit from it also. Im so glad your Pampered Chef shows are doing well.
Blessings,
Gina Marie
www.caringbridge.org/visit/noahhaugh