Monday, October 27, 2008

Early mornings...

One thing that has changed since the kids have started feeling better is our mornings. They used to sleep until 9 some times 10 even with us putting them to bed at 8. So, this morning, about 6:50 a.m. Abby comes walking out in the kitchen and just grins from ear to ear. I said "Well good morning honey!" She looks at me and said "I heard noises out here so I knew it was morning time and ok to get up!" I told her she was absolutely right and then proceeded that mommy was getting ready to head out to a show this morning. She looks at the window and then looks at me and said "Oh, so the reason we are up at night time is because you have a show. I see. Are we going to sleep later?" She cracked me up! I had to explain the whole thing of how it stays darker longer and it was kind of fun to watch her realize that it wasn't really night time... but the sun just wasn't ready to come out yet! Awww... the mind of a 3... almost 4 yr. old! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved those teachable moments. Especially in the early morning when all is quiet. I think she's ready to start learning about time. She is so sweet.

Nathan said...

Abby, you are so right! Anytime before daylight is nighttime and should involve some sleeping ;o) Don't listen to the grown-ups' lies!!!

Mommy pfohl said...

Umm... we parents don't know sleep in the night time!!!!!!! So, why should my children!?!?!? *chuckling*