Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The rain poors down...

I'm sitting here at my desk wathcing the rain pour down outside and listening to a worship song called "It's for you." As I watch the rain fall... I realize it is really symbolic of the desire of my heart. I so am longing to see the power and love of God rain down in our lives. Not just here, but in our community. I look at the people pouring in to the pantry week after week... I look at the lives of those who are broken right here in our neighbor hoods, I see my neighbors struggling, I go to therapy and hear mom's say "I need to get you kids in church, maybe that will fix you..." I see all around desperation and a need that needs filled. Many don't know what that need is, they just know they are empty and I long to see God use my life and those in our church to pour down the rain that will refresh and restore the dry and cracked souls... So as I listen to this worship song, I say God it's for you, it's all for you! Let your presence come God and fill our lives!!! -Mindy

No comments: