Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The truth...

Psalms 19:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight,
O Lord, my Rock and my Redeemer.
Here as of late, all of you know that God has been working in my heart. Today, I have spent much of my morning praying as I go. I'm really struggling with my temper right now. That is for MANY reasons, but in my heart, I know that it is wrong. Anger is OK if IT IS RIGHTEOUS and mine is becoming bitter right now. So, I have been praying through my day trying to focus on this. Then as I was loading the washer today, God spoke to my heart. The scripture above is what He showed me. I dwell on things. I dwell on the past. I dwell on the kids behaviours. I dwell on my hurts. I dwell on words that have been spoken in anger. I dwell on mistakes. The meditations of my heart are NOT pleasing in his sight! At all! Not only that, but the meditations of my heart are directly affecting the words of my mouth! So, today, this scripture is my prayer. May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight today God! Amen!

4 comments:

Kate said...

I do a lot of dwelling too - thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Vicki said- I know anger and pain are very real and also a bitter pill to try to swallow. I deal with it a lot and the past couple years have been very hard--but your scripture really spoke to my heart--thanks. I am so thankful God is a loving and forgiving God.

Anonymous said...

can u leave ur phone number to me???

Anonymous said...

I think I come to the right place, because for a long time do not see such a good thing the!