Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Hard conversations....

Well, after the news of Granny passing away yesterday, we had to sit down with our four year old and tell her the news. My throat clutched because they have faced so much with sickness themselves that I was in fear of what she would think of this new subject of death. She was shattered, but something beautiful came out of it. She said to me "Mommy, we will all be with granny one day in heaven right?" I said to her that we would as long as we had Jesus in our hearts. She thought for a moment and then looked disturbed. Her response to this blew me away "You mean, there are people who won't be there?" I nodded yes and said that having Jesus in your heart is a choice. We have chosen Jesus and some have not. She got a bit misty eyed and really quiet. Next thing you know she stands up and says, "Then we just have to tell every one we can about Jesus. I want every one to go to heaven. Granny is running and playing. She isn't sick any more. Every body needs to go there." I began to cry at her response. She is so right. We all need Jesus but it is a choice. If you are reading this this morning and you haven't met Jesus, My Abby would like to introduce you!

3 comments:

Sue said...

Mindy,
If we could all have the faith of a little child. How beautiful that Abby sees the truth at such a young age. God bless you and Jeff for "leading a child in the way they should go...". Our prayers are with your family this week.

Tommy Phelps said...

Mindy,
I agree with what Sue has said. You and Jeff are so blessed to have such lil angels and I might also ad that Abby and Joseph are equally blessed to have you and Jeff for parents. My prayers are with you all. God Bless.

Edith said...

Hi. This entry was forwarded to me as an email - I am a believer and believe as you do that not everyone will be in heaven with us. How blessed Abby is to have parents who are teaching her. Reading this again gives me chills - thank you.

May God comfort you as you deal with your Granny's homegoing.