Friday, August 17, 2007

Faith in the midst of storms...


Joey and Abby are both sick today. I laid awake for a long time last night listening to both of their little congested breaths. On days like this, I struggle with my faith. I struggle to hold onto what God's word says, because fear grips me. The fear of the danger of infection for their little bodies. I know the scriptures and I know that fear is not of God, but as a human, that's hard to accept. I keep thinking about the "Baggage" series that Pastor Kris and now Jeff have preached on and I realize that this is something I have to let go of. Jeff reminds me constantly, "God is in control of every moment of our lives." I remember one Sunday, driving home from church, we had recently been told we wouldn't be able to bare children, but this one sunday was a huge step for me. I gave it ALL to God. I told him I was letting go and I told him that if he would choose to not let me bare a child, I was ok with it. Then, not even a month later, I was pregnant. This is when I told God, that child was HIS. Not mine, HIS. Today, I have to stand on that. I give God my babies. Medical word is what it is. Sickness is dangerous, but only God knows what life holds. So, today, I am setting my baggage down with great strain, but I have peeled my last little finger off for today and I'm saying "God, today is yours and todays trials are yours!" I'm so thankful that we have a God that loves us even when we are weak.

No comments: