Saturday, August 25, 2007

A lot to think about...



You know, I have had a lot of time to think here the last few days between

car trips to mammaw and pappaw's house, trips to and from Riley and just being here with the kids doing our usual daily routine. So many people have had mixed responses to our situation with these kids. Some have gone from telling us "We just won't receive this" to being in complete denial, to "Well, maybe having kids was a mistake." I watch my two precious little joys every day. They've both have had large amounts of struggle with life, Abby more so at the beginning than now. All these comments have played back and forth through my mind and I think of every single day. It's been hard as a mommy to watch what my children have gone through. In the first three months of life, we nearly lost Abby three times. Frightening, but every snuggle in between, every time she looked at me with those bright blue eyes, it was worth every second of anything we had to walk through. The same with Joey. His whole first year has been one heart ache after another, but as soon as I hear that "cackle", it is all worth it. I don't second guess ever having Children. I am so THANKFUL for their lives. I don't deny what they face, I know it is there, but I'm just thankful they are mine. As for not accepting it, I have to face it... but I do pray daily God's hand of grace will move on both of their behalf. I can't count how many lives those two have changed. It hasn't been by anything Jeff or I have done, it hasn't been really anything they have done, but it has been by the hand of God moving in two innocent lives and people witnessing it. God is more than able. Abby was VERY upset last night and she told us it was because she has to "See bubby's doctor now." She knows exactly what is going on and her answer to it was this "Jesus is in my heart and I know he will help me." I wish I could have a dose of her faith! God is amazing how he comforts and loves on His children! So, today, I am thankful. Even though we have had our hard times and now face yet another diagnosis, I'm thankful I get to walk it out with my babies! I'm thankful that God allowed them to be mine!

No comments: