Monday, February 12, 2007

My water broke!!!



Ok ok... I've never truly had that experience! I'm not complaining! However, we FINALLY have running water in our house. Jeff sat outside in the cold to get it going. He borrowed a salamander from Jill and Joe and sat out there with his fire extinguisher just in case. =) He took his cell phone so I could call him if we had action in the house... however, he kept calling me! First call, "can I have supper?" Second call, "Can I have a towel? My chair is cold!" Third call, "Can I have a blanket?" Fourth call, "Can I have hot chocolate?" Well... it ended there! Me and the kids went shopping! I got the call at Marsh that the water was trickling... I screamed right in the store! I was so stinking excited. Jeff says "Well, honey, are you ok?" Hahaha!!! Of course I'm ok! I'm just excited! It was great to have that running water again! We had a crisis though... water was gushing out from under the kids bathroom. Well... who ever lived here previously had put a "T" pipe on the sewer drain and instead of capping, they duck taped it! Oh good grief! So, poor Jeff and his brother... they were out there fixing it tonight. I'm so thankful though for water! You don't realize how much you appreciate something until you have it.

Updates: Bubby is having his OPCG tonight to see if he can come off the O2 yet. I hope the test reads right. They left it here for me to hook him up too. Their comment "You've got the experience!" Oh, is that suppost to encourage me? =) I'm praying that he can come off of it. He absolutely hates it! I think it just irritates his little nose. I don't blame him! It's been a busy day, so he's pretty tuckered out. He's supposed to have therapy tomorrow, but well... snow's comin'!!!

2 comments:

mom & dad said...

I predicted Jeff had on his beanie. I cracked up when I saw the picture. Ha! Good job Jeff!

Unknown said...

Yeah! Water is good!