Sunday, February 25, 2007

We survived the ice!!!!



Yeah! We didn't revisit the ice storm of '04!!!! Man, I was reading Pastor Kris's blog and well... I'm jealous! He went to Florida for that ice storm... don't you feel guilty for those of us who suffered!?!?! =) Oh well... Our trip was fun this time. Last night for supper we had the most wonderful beef! Every year mom and dad go to Florida (when do I go to Florida? Every one I know goes to Florida! Geez!!!!) Anyways, they go to this wonderful restaurant called Sonny's BBQ... Mmmm... my mouth is watering as I type! You just can't describe this BBQ. Then you have buttered toast (in a skillet of course) and crinkle cut fries. Sounds like I did a good job on my diet, doesn't it? ;) OH well... as I said... Try again in the morning!!! I just am glad they love me enough to let me share in the happiness! Today, we went to church. You know, I always fear that I'm not going to teach my kids in the right way. I just want them to grow up knowing who God is and who they can be in & through Christ. Some days I wonder if Abby comprehends what we teach her. During prayer today at church, I leaned over to tell her something and she looked at me very seriously and says "Mommy, we are prayin'" I didn't realize she was even paying attention... or that she even understood outside of our "thank you Jesus" prayer time, exactly what is going on... but she does! I tell ya, that over whelmed my heart with joy and a sense of real pride. =) Joey again was happy to be at church. He just grinned and smiled the whole time the songs played... well that is until he fell asleep. We sit up in the balcony right now for lots of reasons, but one of them is my phobia of germs. I don't want Joey to catch any thing because we have all learned, we end up at Riley. But today, Dennis (sound technician) set up a t.v. for us so that we could watch the service instead of just listening as we looked at the wall! Big thanks to Dennis!! Abby and aunt Christi (pictured above) blew on a hot dog together after church to ensure "Not to hot"! That's Abby's translation! We are back home now and have had a nice evening. Reginna (Jeff's mom) came over to cook us supper tonight. Abby always loves that especially because grandma takes her back to her room and builds houses with her mega blocks! =) Too funny! Then... something wonderful happened! We got a call from "Aunt Jecca!" She is one of the nurses at Riley. She just felt like calling to encourage us. That's always nice! =) Abby talked to her on the phone and of course... they discussed bubbles. (Jessica's and Abby's favorite thing to share!) Now.. we are off to bed! My FAVORITE part of the day!

Quick updates... Joey will be fitted for a brace this Tuesday for his left hand. Then, we are hopefully home free for the week with no more appointments! =) I enjoy quiet weeks. Next Monday, he goes for his video EEG at Riley. Abby is doing pretty good. Seems to be getting sleepy more often. We are wondering if her iron levels may have dropped again. Hmm... I'm just frustrated with how to keep that from happening. I hate to see her go back on the meds... she HATES them... that's really an understatement!

No comments: