Saturday, February 24, 2007

We're coming back!!!!!


We've bundled up and we are headed back to mom and dad's house!!! This time by choice. =) I'm nervous about the "ice storm" that is supposed to be coming. I still have nightmares about the one that we had back in '04/05!!! Abby was just born. She was having lots and lots of trouble with her lurangomylasia and her reflux. So, I spent most nights sleeping with her upright in the recliner. It was a task, but I think I loved it! =) We lost all power, so my dad and brother came over to get us all and brought us to my parents house, Jeff stayed with his mom here in town so that he could still get to work. It was an experience that none of us have recovered from! My 89 yr. old grandmother had to be brought over as well because she had no heat. Well... She slept on the couch in the living room and I slept in the recliner just across the room. I had just gotten Abby to sleep (which was always a task... still proves to be! Ha!!!) Well, here comes granny across the room... stumbling over her O2 line... gets right in my face (my eyes closed hoping she'd think I was asleep and not wake me or abby) Noooo!!! That would be to easy to do! She yells "Mindy... Mindy... are you awake?" I ignored a moment longer... then she yells louder "mindy, I said are you awake?" Oh dear. Now Abby is screaming!!! So... I got no sleep. What did she want... to ask if she is a pain... well, at the moment... that question was hard for me to answer!!! =) I wanted to be real mean! But, I refrained and we got granny tucked back in and an hour and a 1/2 later, Abby was back to sleep! =) That's my memories of the ice storm! Whew... how stressful! =) Whelp, it's time to go! Lord willing, no one will loose power and this storm will not be a big deal! happy sheltering to all!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Both of us should have tried to go to work with christi during the ice storm. Anything would have been better than trying to occupy granny! Ha! She kept coming in our room to see if we were awake too. oh my nerves. Think what she'd be like now at 91!!!!! It could get uglier. Ha. She is so funny! see ya soon. mom & dad