Sunday, July 8, 2007

Big party!!!

Well, the morning started off great with Abby getting up excited because it was time to go to "big girl" class with miss Neva! She looks so forward to that. So, we packed up and off to church we went! We were excited because we got to share today some of the things that God has done for Joey through prayer. IT was exciting to bring good news today and to get to share that with every one who has cared so much about our family... After church... then came the marathon! Time for the PARTY!!!!!!!!! I picked up the balloons at Factory card... Abby was so excited about the balloons and well... I THINK HER EARS broke today. Literally. Whew! That girl was wired beyond wired (Just ask aunt Christi!). Then came the stressful moment. It's now 95 degrees outside and well... I have worked really hard to ice my cakes and well... I have to figure out how to get them from my house to the church with out the heat of the sun coming through the Jimmy window killing them... Well, as it would have it... I was successful! I even looked at a rental house with my sister on the way... ok, window shopped that is! =) Well, we arrived safely and the cakes remained in one piece. So, it is time for decorating. Poor Bubby, Abby decided that he couldn't have his balloons. So, he kept screeching at her the whole time I decorated! yep, I'd turn my back and off she'd go with those balloons! Stinker! WE survived and the decorating was done in the nick of time!







Well, then we started the action! We had a wonderful little bubble blower that was the hit for the start of the party! ha! Who would have thought a cheap little bubble blower would provide this much entertainment!
Next came the games. We created and made our own birthday hats,
We had a crawling race. Shelby did a great crab crawl, Abby... well, she couldn't figure out which way to go & Joey, he cheated! He used Jenny's help to run to the finish line! Good thing he's the birthday boy! We finished the race off with some squirt gun wars. I'm not sure that I could decide who had the most fun. (specifically Pastor Kris & Jeff! Hmm....) Time to open the presents! I tell you, Joey was blessed beyond blessed tonight. HUGE thanks to EVERY ONE! The fun was when we got home. Joey was awake (after napping on grandma's shoulder while every one cleaned up!), and he wanted every thing unboxed! Forget the box! Give the man his toys! He was so excited. He went from toy to toy exploring and examining!

THE BEST we saved for last... BRING ON THE CAKE! Joey enjoyed his low carb birthday cake! Mmmm Mmmm good! I tell you, he had it every where! Abby hardly touched hers... Joey... look out buddy! I'm not going to miss a bite!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures!!! We sure are sorry we missed such a great party! Joey looks so good - it was great to see everyone having such a good time. Logan laughed when he saw the last picture with Joey's messy cake face! We love you all and send a great big HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG BOY to Joey!!!

Uncle Mike, Aunt Rena and Logan!!!