Saturday, July 28, 2007

When Mama speaks...

...You BETTER listen! =) Well, this week, we are staying with my parents until our house is open and available. I tell ya, this week has been filled with so many emotions and my mom and I had a good ol' heart to heart talk today. I have been EXTREMELY focused on the struggles of my week and it has robbed me of seeing the blessings. The blessings of my own baby experiencing yet another miracle... WALKING. He has been walking ENTIRE rooms now! No stopping... very little stumbling... JUST GOING (something he apparently isn't supposed to be able to do). Then, he had problems with his intestinal stuff this week and for the first time EVER... it resolved itself and we DIDN'T have to go to Riley. That has NEVER happened. Then, tonight in the truck on the way to the church to pick up Jeff, Bubby started babbling. All he ever says is "ah" and he's been learning sign language to tell us what he wants. So... that was an amazing thing. He was just babbling all kinds of sounds! So exciting! Much like when Peter stepped out of the boat to walk on the water with Jesus, I didn't focus on the hand that holds me up this week... I focused on the storm. So, I'm thankful for the wake up my mama gave me this week. God has been at work in the midst of every thing. There are so many other blessings that have come this week that I see now and well... "I lift my eyes up to the heavens..."

No comments: