Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the final straw...



Well, they say that a person can only take so much... tonight was it for me! I lost it!!! We had another dead fish in our tank. So, I got him out with the net, put it in a bucket and set it in the bathroom. Well, Abby had left the bathroom door open. Joey was awfully quiet... so I go looking for him. He comes out of the bathroom when I called his name and I said "What are you doing honey? You know you aren't supposed to be in there." So, he holds his sweet little hand out... I'm thinking he has found one of Abby's potty pennies... NOPE!!! Not a chance... he lays a DEAD gold fish in my hand... I was so not expecting it that! I screamed and threw the fish... YEP!! It bounced off the wall... left some nasty residue!!! After calming down... I wash his hands and mouth out JUST IN CASE!!! Flush the fish, clean the wall and call my husband... his response? You guessed it... SERIOUS LAUGHTER!!!!! No compassion! none! Poor me! Oh well... I suppose it is worth the chuckle! :) Night all!

5 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

I have to admit, that gave me a chuckle too! But I know I would have reacted the same way you did! Not what I would want to haved dropped in my hand either:)

Cari said...

Oh, I am sorry, but I laughed too. That is going to be a great story to tell. Hang in there, you have just a couple more days...

Mommy pfohl said...

Well, I have to say I don't blaim you from laughing... every time I think about it now... I chuckle! Little stinker!!!! I'll have to tell him that story when he gets bigger and forwarn his wife to beware!!!! :)

2awesomekidz said...

Thanks for the laugh!! Boys will be Boys right!! Paige has 2 fish, but I refuse to do anything with them but feed them. The first time 1 of her fish past away, We said a little prayer and flushed it. The next time she went potty, she held on to my legs as tight as she could. I asked her what she was doing and she said "Mommy, I don't wanna go down there!!"
Oops!! Never thought of that one!

Tami

Unknown said...

It will only get worse. Boys love to scare their moms. My son had a rubber mouse. That thing showed up in my flour canister, silverware drawer, pillowcase etc. and I won't mention the creepy crawlers........