Monday, June 30, 2008

Joey

Time is short because we are needing to leave for the pastor's short course... so here are my updates from the caring bridge through out the morning... Thank you for the over whelming response of e-mails, comments and prayers! You are all AMAZING!!! your words have meant so much!

MONDAY, JUNE 30, 2008 09:05 AM, CDT
**update**
Ok, well this is where the rubber hits the road. we aren't getting the care we need right now. Our attempt last night was shot down by a doc who doesn't understand mito, the doc at Riley who would be the care taker for this has been not hearing these things or helping because he isn't changing the diet to help the immidiate need, the ped is working as hard as he can to get things rolling with GI at Cinci, so here is where I have to step back. I have realized today that I have done every thing within my possible power. Things are in motion, just not as quick of motion that we need. So, I'm stepping back and I'm trusting that God is in control. I am NOT quiting, I'm just saying this is bigger than me and my power and I'm going to rely on God! A verse that a friend gave me (thank you Lorna) is that when I am weak, he is strong. so, I might not be strong enough for this, I have done every thing in my power, so now it is time to let go and let God be strong. I can only sit now and love my son, I will nurse his health as best as I know how and I can pray with out ceasing that God is more than able and that HE is going to move this mountain. So... we are waiting now. we are going to move forward with our plans. There is a hospital that is very good 30 min. from the cottage. So, the kids and I are going to go and rest and watch movies togehter while daddy goes to meetings. Then on the side, I'm working on gathering pictures and info about Joey and what his set backs are, I'm going to get letters from his therapists about areas he is loosing ground and when we meet genetics in August at cincinnati... I'm gong to hand them it all and plead for help! So... there is our plan of attack.
Hello every one. we are currently home. However, we are waiting on a decision for our pediatrician. Unfortunatley, the doctor on last night did not understand metabolic children and Joey's blood work was decent for hydration, so he did not do anything about the rest of the issues. Joey is still weak today, although, the pain is down some. We are not sure what today will bring or what our ped will decide on. I'll update when we know. -Mindy

2 comments:

Sue said...

Thank you for the update, Mindy.
When Lauren was a newborn and I was freaking about EVERYTHING possible, her pediatrican gave me this verse: Matthew 18:10
21 years later, I still remember and claim it!
Praying that you are all able to just relax and enjoy yourselves while on the retreat.

Mommy pfohl said...

Sue, thank you! I read this verse and i as well will hold it dear and remember it! Thank you! -Mindy