Tuesday, January 1, 2008

My little musicians bring so much joy!


Hello all! Some of you frequently visit the caring bridge sights, but others of you don't... I thought I'd briefly share my thoughts that I put on Joey's CB page. I pray for all of you that you have a wonderful New Year and may we all join together in focusing on the good and the joys that God has given us in our lives! Hugs to all!


I wanted to just share some thoughts. Many of you who read this have walked through so much with your own family members, illness, terminal diagnosis, death and other things in between. I just have been reflecting today just about how awesome God is. Some days, it is so hard not to focus on the most fearful word of mito... terminal. It's like I want to dread the future, but some where in there... God always gives me that ability to focus on today. Over the last year, the kids both have gone through things I NEVER EVER want to face or have them face again, but they always come out smiling. Looking back, I remember those painful things, but if you ask me what comes to my mind first when you say 2007, I think of the giggles, the smiles, the laughter, the tickles, the tumbles, the playing, all the joys pop into my mind. I don't think I will ever forget one smile or one laugh. It is all there! It's in my heart! It's present! Some one once said to me "For all the kids go through, I think they are the happiest children that we have ever seen." I think God gave that joy to them to get them through each day... to help them to fight... to help mommy and daddy to fight. In the end, they always rise up with a smile. So, today, when you are struggling... think about the smiles and all the good memories that brought about that smile. Happy New year all! Thank God He loves us each enough to give us wonderful smiles and the joy of laughter!!!

No comments: