Monday, February 11, 2008

The after math...


Well, reality has set in. Here is my sweet Abby displaying our fire after math. Aunt Christi and daddy came over today to scrub the kitchen down. Donna was gracious to take some dishes to her house and put them through the dish washer! And well, this is what is left. I wish I had gotten a picture before they cleaned, but I think I was a bit in shock last night. God really really looked out for us. THe cabinets have a few places that they are literally singed, but the wall and the ceiling are the only real damage to speak of. So, after lots of elbow grease and a tired family, we are all done. My emotions of it all finally hit when I walked into the kitchen. Seeing the stove gone and the burn marks from the flames, it set in that it had really happened. Oh well... tomorrow is another day! I just thank God me and my babies got out and we are all safe and no one had to go to the hospital. Still praying for continued protection on our health. Abby is snotty and sneezy tonight, but papaw and Aunt Christi were both under the weather.... so here is trusting God to make it all ok! Night all.

1 comment:

Cari said...

Oh My Gosh, Girl!!! Do you ever really have a normal day? It looks like everyone did a great job cleaning and helping you all out. I hope that you all stay healthy this week after all this!!!