Saturday, February 16, 2008

Words of praise...


I guess you could say that God is really doing a work in my heart right now. I have struggled for so long with truth. Struggled to let go, struggled to trust the GREAT hands of MY maker, struggled to rest peacefully knowing that HE holds the plan and only HE can change that, struggled to know that each day was made for a purpose... as you know, some times a work in your heart is painful. Some times there are raw spots, some times dry and calloused... well for me, God is working on the most painful area... my most raw spot... the spot that I hold my children most dearly. I clutch that spot tightly. yeah, I have to let go because ONLY GOD can be the one to bring them through this... only HIS healing is their hope... there is nothing else... So, me holding on does not bring them closer to that... I have been thinking a lot... the Scripture I read tonight came from Jeremiah 15:19... part of this really stood out "...if you utter worthy, not worthless, words, you will be my spokesmen..." Our words do have power. For God to say that we need to utter worthy not worthless words to be His spokesmen, that is pretty powerful. The same goes with our daily lives. Not just our spiritual walk. The words that come out of our mouth mean every thing. It may simply be they affect the moods of those around us or it may be it affects things within the heavenly realms. My goal this week is the words of my mouth and the thoughts in my heart. I don't know how much this affects my kids as far as healing, etc... but I do know one thing, it affects my attitude and my spiritual walk. So, here's to uttering words of worth... words that uplift, cheer and bring us closer to papa! God, thank you that you love me inspite of myself. Thank you that you are forgiving and thank you that your grace is sufficient for my every need!

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

Great thoughts Mindy!