Thursday, February 7, 2008

I lift my eyes up...

There is a song that I used to play on the piano when I really felt down or just needed some much needed time in the presence of God. It's called "I lift my eyes up." Today, I have really learned some thing as I put this song into practice. Every day, as I walk out what "mito" means for our family and the fact that it is a terminal disease... we have to turn our eyes to heaven and trust that the very God who created the breath of life within our bodies is the God who sustains us. I walked into Riley today completely anxious and well... GOD SHOWED HIMSELF. My daughter is having symptoms of what they thought was problems in her heart... the last thing you want to hear with a mito patient. We went for the Echo and praise be to God, it returned normal! There was not a problem in the heart. We still are not sure where the symptoms are coming from, but we are thankful that God's hand was there and Abby's heart is whole! So, it is true, I lift my eys up to the heavens and where does my help come from! He is the keeper and sustainer and I walk in placing my trust in Him. Papa, thank you for loving me in the midst of nerves, in the midst of struggling to trust and thank you for holding my babies in the palm of your hand every single day!

No comments: