Friday, February 15, 2008

The week comes to a close...



I tell you, this week certainly has not been the easiest I have ever faced. We didn't loose any one, no one got hurt... it isn't even just the fire. Daily comes the reminder my children aren't what every one else's are. I never would expect them to be, but some times I wrestle within myself as to how I should feel about life and about what has been delt us... then I realize just how big God's incredible love is. Tonight, I'm restless, as I often am. So, I am listening to my favorite song, "I will praise you in the storm" by Casting Crowns. The song starts

I was sure by now that you would have reached down and wiped our tears away
stepped in and saved the day, but once again, I say amen and it's still raining
but as the thunder rolls, I barely here you whisper through the rain, I am with you
as your mercy falls, I lift my hands and praise the God who gives and takes away.
I will praise you in this storm....
It's the end of the day... it's coming to a close... things remain the same. My children are still sick. Their lives rest only in the hands of God. Many don't realize the severity of the disease. They say my kids look good, but that is the blessing and the curse of mito. They look good, but that is what often gets the medical condition over looked by many. We try every day not to focus on the reality... the fact they say to make it to teen years is a blessing and to make it to 20 is an absolute miracle. That can destroy a mommy's mind. Every day, I look to God and I listen to that faint whisper that HE is here. There are days it is hard to hear that or even believe that, but I praise Him regardless in faith knowing He is there. Some days, my praise is faint. Tonight, I stand in awe of God. My children are sick with this awful disease, but they continue to beat the odds. Still they face much that is scary, but each time... they over come with a story that brings glory to God... A few short days ago, we shared that we need a one story home... in two months, we move in... The rain may be falling, but God is THERE. I pray for those who walk through trials, whether it be mito or any thing that you face as a trial in your own journey of life... I pray you can over come the bitterness and dis-trust that can come in those trials and you can find the one true loving Father who is waiting to hold you up. With out Him, I am nothing... with out His hand of strength, I can do nothing... a part from Him, life is meaningless! So, Father, tonight, I praise you in this storm and I thank you that each day is meant for you and alone for your glory!

No comments: