Friday, November 23, 2007

The madness...

Today came with mixed emotions for me. We didn't take off early to do the "Black Friday" shopping frenzie. The kids can't be around that big of crowds and you know every germ is out on this day because many let NOTHING stand in their way for the big race to save some money on great Christmas deals. So, we waited it out... Went in late morning and had to retreat because the store was still PACKED! I found myself a bit emotional today. Watching the other kids and some wishing that my kids were "normal" and able to be out and not fret the flu bug. I shook myself out of it though and managed to enjoy the rest of the day. We took the kids to Sickles tree farm outside of Lynn and let them pick a tree today. They both were VERY excited. They can't regulate their body temps, so we couldn't take the time to cut one, but it was fun to pick one out that was inside the barn anyways. Joey really enjoyed watching them cut the bottom, position it on the tree stand and wrapping it to go home. He thought that was great! Abby, well, she wasn't feeling good so by that time, she barried her face and just wanted held. Her ear has worsened... I am so worried about her. Hopefully the new med we got today will bring some relief. I am looking forward to the Christmas holidays. I am beginning to cherish these times MORE AND MORE! Hope you all had a wonderful day. God bless you! Hope to hear from some of you! Oh, don't forget to check out the plan for Abby's birthday in the column to your left! She got her first card and shook with excitment! It meant the world to her. Night all!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
You are such a wonderful mom! You follow your instincts (knowing when not listen to a Dr), you keep your children safe from all those germs (even at the expense of missing good deals) and you still find ways for them to have a fun time (the atmosphere at Sickles is so wonderful). I think of you and I think Jeff must feel 10 times more relaxed because you are his wife and the mother of his children and you give them the best care a mom could. This is the season to be thankful and I am sure one day your children will say Mom, we are so thankful for you, you are our hero, our mentor , our safety net, our teacher, demonstrator of love and compassion. Sometimes as moms we feel so caught up in our children, we wonder if we are important in the world. I want you to know you are very important in the world of two children and to the world because of what you are instilling in them. God Bless, Melissa

Mommy pfohl said...

Melissa, I don't know what to say. THANK YOU! Your post really ministered to me! THANK YOU SO MUCH!