Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Nothing more frustrating...

Well, Joey has been going down hill instead of up with every thing right now. So... I decided to try something new today. I took him to our local PCP instead of calling Riley first... BIG MISTAKE! He was like "well, in a normal child..." PUT ON THE BRAKES! He lost me there. It was a horrid reminder to hear that my child is not normal out of a physicians mouth... but regardless of the words chosen... HE DID not know what to do and would do nothing for a NORMAL child so did nothing for my child of which he labeled NOT normal. So... I left in tears might I add.. I held my composure until I was in the elevator of which two women were in there with me who just came from the same office... so now I looked like a NOT "normal" mommy. Ha! Well, this just wasn't the day to be "normal" I supposed for the Pfohl family. Anyways, all being said, we spent a long and tiring night in the Riley ER, but for one of the few times EVER TO HAPPEN... we came home tonight. Joey's been put on motility meds because his mito is causing gastro-intestinal dismotility. So, hopefully this will help and I'm so praying it doesn't cause us to RE-VISIT the other way! We are exhausted but glad to be home! On a happy note. Our PCP said Joey's liver felt enlarged... but according to Riley... it wasn't! So, I'm just believing God had a hand in that! Ok, my eye lids are dropping... I'm going to go try to sleep in my bed so I can get up and face tomorrow fresh! So thrilled it is my bed and NOT a Riley couch! Night all!

1 comment:

Cari said...

Who really decides what normal is anyways? I am just glad you got to come home!