Sunday, November 11, 2007

Mixed emotions


Today, we are going to our first Mito get together. The United Mitochondrial Disease Foundation has mito chapters in each state that get together to provide information, support, etc... We have never been to one. Mainly because we have not had a chance to. I will confess, the whole first year, I avoided them because I was scared. I didn't want to see what other families face, I didn't want to see what we may face in the coming years... I just kind of like that comfort of knowing my kids are doing "good" in comparison to many. However, the mito journey really is a lonely journey. Don't take me wrong at all! We feel so much love and support from so many of you, however, no one really understands the disease and the impact on one's life unless you have walked through it. Take cancer for instance, you care and you feel sadness for some one when you hear that they are being affected, BUT, you can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling inside facing that battle... so, I think it is time. We have faced much of this straight on and it's time to meet others. So, I think I'm looking forward to it for the sake of sitting down with another mom that faces mito every day. At the same time,Ii'm trying to prepare myself for the emotion of meeting mom's who's children are much more progressed or have even lost children to mito. So, please pray for us today as we go. We appreciate it. For info on the kids, please visit their CB pages. I do DAILY posts there to update on them... so if you feel like your missing something... check in... feel free to leave them a note there letting them know you love them! www.caringbridge.org/visit/abigailpfohl www.caringbridge.org/visit/josephpfohl Have an awesome Sunday every one!!!

No comments: