Monday, September 1, 2008

Affecting my heart....


Yesterday's service was absolutely wonderful. We are going through the Confessions series right now. Something hit me as we were going through the last set of songs. It hit me that I have been living a lie myself. You see, God is doing a miracle in my children's lives. They are energetic, playing and running, acting like normal kids for their age. Joey's development is starting to catch up, he is starting to speak more and more every day! I picked this picture today above because he's eating chocolate. something a doctor told me my son would never get to do because it would make his body so acidic it would kill him. He's enjoying life and paying no consequences for it! Where does the lie come in? My heart! My physical eye can see that there is a miracle before me. I can see my kids changing EVERY SINGLE day... but in my heart, I struggle to believe it. I stand waiting for my world to come crashing in. I hold back in the fear that tomorrow, Cincinnati is going to call me and say "we are sorry, it is all a mistake. Your child is still going to die a very early death." That looms in my heart! I stepped out yesterday and I gave that lie to God. I TRULY gave it because I began to worship HIM and thank HIM for the miracle of life for my children. Today, I feel happier and much more free. I am CHOOSING to trust that He is God and He has done this work to completion even still as I watch my kiddos have some difficulties. The miracle may not be complete yet, but I know that God's promises are true and he has restored life where life was told it would be stripped away! Thank God for His loving kindness! -Mindy

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is a miracle. The enemy wants to put doubt in your head. I'm glad you realize it's a lie.
Enjoy your children and their lives. You have been blessed!

~Bren~ said...

I agree with Milah. I remember watching for a seizure after Kyle was healed. I even had dreams where he was having them. Meditate on 2 Corinthians 10:5
"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ"
Read the verses surrounding it. You just need to renew your mind. You have lived with terminal illness for years...now you are set free, but your mind does not realize that...tell it so! Praising God for chocolate!!!!