Sunday, September 14, 2008

The whole truth...


Well, I have to confess I have been struggling within myself about what to say about the kids. Many have begun asking if we have been misdiagnosed, are we going to go after Riley, are we angry, are we confused... the answer to it all is... we TRULY believe that God has touched their bodies. I can remember that they were SICK. Especially Joey. He could not FIGHT off any thing. His blood levels were acidic and toxic, he had no muscles at all, etc etc... He was a sick little boy for a long time! I know that getting him on a normal diet has helped, but I believe our ped is even on the same page even... not that much has changed to make them LOOK this good! Before, if we would go to church, we'd come home and the kids would sleep or lay around for two days lethargic... now... here is a run down of our week...
Tuesday: Two therapies, Dance class and shopping for the wedding
Wednesday: Hair cuts, prep for the wedding (involves running all around) and more...
Thursday: Dr. Appointments, clean up food pantry and then hold pantry hours
Friday: The entire day was set up for the wedding, wedding rehearsal and then rehearsal dinner
Saturday: the wedding, came home and played that evening all evening
Sunday: went to church, went to do some shopping, got blessed with a trip to chuckecheese and played chase in our living room with papaw...
Does that sound like a lethargic week?!?!?! NOPE!!! God's hand is powerful! We have prayed and trusted him completely! HE doesn't always choose to heal. I know that. I have born witness more than once in my life that some times God allows us to walk through things and other times, he chooses to heal. In this situation, I don't understand it! I have no idea because I feel totally and 100% undeserving. However, i know that God will get the most glory out of it if it is in His will! This week, I have received more than one phone call to let me know they have been sharing this story with people and it is leading people to understand that our God is alive and real!!!! Lives are being touched, changed and that is so very amazing!
So, misdiagnosis... or God's touch... EITHER WAY, we have every reason to be thankful! By this time last year, we were home bound... now we are getting to enjoy what we lost in the two years... All things for the glory of God!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mindy I believe in the power of God and all he can do for us we just have to have faith and you had that and you do deserve all that has been going on lately in your lives you get to live and love with the Kids and they look so good even with Joey shiner I am so thankful that you have included us in your list thank you and God Bless you and the family Dottie