Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I have had it up to here.....



Yep... Joey has expressed it well & yes, he did this himself! It was not a pose!! I think Joey is stating that he has had enough Easter! However, I am stating that I realized today that I have had enough of not feeling good. Jeff and I started a Daniel Fast yesterday. I tell you, I didn't realize how much junk I was putting in my body! I went through real with drawls. Headache, nausea, sweating, shakiness... you name it... I was there! My head hurt so bad this morning that I couldn't even read! Yep... that is true! This brought serious conviction to me along with the fact that as I drove down McGallaird (main road in Muncie for those of you out of towners who are reading! =) My daughter was in the backseat of the car pointing at restaurants naming what we get to eat there and begging me to stop. I am not eating to just affect my own life, but my kids as well. I'm teaching them my ways. So, I prayerfully ended my fast today. On the grounds that change will be ever present in our lives! WE will commit to eat healthy, commit to make right choices... I was so proud of myself. I absolutely love McDonald's fries. Abby hadn't ate any supper and for lack of a better place to get her something tonight, I gave in. I didn't even desire to smell her fries let alone eat them! Neither did she! She likes the sandwiches and the toy! Ha! I was so happy with myself. This was a true test for me... my heart is in this and I want to do it to bring God glory, strengthen my family and teach my children that you can be healthy and satisfied. =) So... I'm in this! Keep me in your prayers because there are always going to be struggles!

On a lighter yet more ouchy note... Joey got his first shiner yesterday. Poor guy. He was trying so hard to pull up at the T.V. and he fell instead smacking his little cheek bone on the cabinet door handle! poor Guy!!! He didn't know what hit him!

The kids enjoyed waking daddy up! You don't try to sleep in with Abby and Joey around! Ha! That's a great attempt. Not going to happen!!!!

No comments: