Sunday, April 22, 2007

Long time coming....

I'm back! You betcha!!! I'm never gone for too long. Jeff's wireless has been down on his laptop and let me tell you, blogging on dial up... DON'T EVER GO THERE!!!!!!!!!! It is enough to make the strongest person stumble!!! =) Anyways, it's been a pretty good weekend. Every one has been healthy, a little sleep deprived, but hey... we can over come that! Saturday, we went to the health fair at the Muncie Children's museum. I'm not sure who had more fun, Jeff or Abby. It was very exciting. The kids got lots of free things and mommy got over whelmed with information! Whew! It was a neat experience though. There are a lot of things out there for special needs families and a lot of programs or assistance that you can get equipment or rehab from if you have a child with handicaps. So, it was an informative and fun morning... however, very CROWDED!!! I don't know about all that. =) Then, we were off to Farmland for an outreach. This is the first out door outreach me and the kids have been able to go on and it was very refreshing doing this together. We enjoyed getting to spend that time with Greg and Becky as well. Abby had so much fun getting to go to the doors. She carried the little gift bags herself and when some one would open the door she'd declare "Pesent fur you!" Too sweet. I was absolutely touched by this one little old man. He opened his door and when he saw Abby standing there, his face just lit up. He couldn't thank us enough. You know, we weren't able to actually tell him the gospel, but I believe he saw Jesus that day. He saw Jesus in the face of a smiling little girl who couldn't wait to share with him something that she had no idea she was really giving. I believe he got a hug from papa that day! As we walked away, he stood there still smiling and holding that little gift bag. One day, he may be in heaven because a little girl knocked on his door. You know, we don't always have to go out and slam people with the word, or be a marvelous speaker, some times a smile is just enough to break through to some one's heart. I was touched by that and I know that little old man will never forget that moment. I'm so thankful for the family that God gave me and I'm thankful for the desire my little girl has to tell people about the Jesus she so very much loves!

No comments: