Saturday, March 3, 2007

The big question...

Abby is learning to ask why. It's a question that she's repeating over and over... I think I had hoped it wouldn't come this soon... but it has... Here recently, I find myself asking that same question of God. It seems like there has been an out pouring of so many things that one can't understand. This weekend began with loosing a very good friend, Glenn Cox. We have ministered along side of him since the beginning of Angel food, he's come to so many of Jeff's outreaches and he's one that would give anything to help you. He had a way of making people smile! I can remember my favorite memory was when we were leaving Riley. He had been there with us providing dinner at the Ronald McDonald house. Out of no where... we heard him holler and we look up to find him flying down the parking garage ramp on a wagon! You never would expect it... but he sure did it! It was like the cherry on the cake for that night. We all laughed and smiled about that for days! The example that he set was incredible! The love he had for his wife so wonderful... we were shocked and saddened by the news. This same day, my dad had a heart attack. He has now been transported to Dayton heart hospital. All these things challenge my mind and my emotions. I do ask why. I may not get the answer to my "why" questions, but I know that God is there and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he CARES. I was listening to a song about praising him in the storm... the scripture they used in the song is about how God holds every tear... Our hurts do matter. He is the peace that comes in the storm. When the wind blows, he is there. Out stretched arms! I rest in that today. No storm is too great for Him!

No comments: