Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Facing giants...

Today was a hard day to face. We went to Riley for Joey's recheck. That actually went well, however, it was the discussion concerning Abby. Abby's been having the muscle shakiness, the fatigue and the knee pain. We addressed that today and well... apparently it is too be expected. I guess I just don't think of it that much and well, we are still learning everything. There is nothing that can be done. They said the winter would make the pain worse. So, I'm not looking forward to this winter. My heart sank today. They said we need to start helping them to realize that they aren't going to be able to keep up with other kids. That's so hard to tell them. I want them to be achievers in their own way and as much as possible. I don't want them to feel as though they are "different" or "disabled." I want them to be able to put their minds to something and do their best. YES I know there are going to be things that they can't do... so I'm not living in a fantasy world. I'm living in a "I don't want them to give into this and live with it controlling their lives". Anyways... it's just all frightening. Today has been a questioning day for me. That underlying question in the back of my mind of "why my kids?" I know God has a purpose in every thing and I know that He says He won't give us more than we can handle, but some days, that is EXTREMELY hard to walk that out. I am sure that God will give us wisdom and He will show us the best way to raise and teach them in their thought processes. With God, all things work together for the good of those who love Him! So, Love ya God! =)

No comments: