Thursday, September 27, 2007

Consuming...



Today has just felt all consuming. I felt like I couldn't be every where I needed to be and be able to get things completely done. Joey is dealing with his chronic diarrhea again. This happens as a result to his mitochondrial disease. Sometimes, the muscles in his intestines don't function properly, thus resulting in our experiences today. We have to pull every thing out of his diet when this happens except Crystal light which acts to keep him hydrated. We have been home 13 weeks now from the hospital and well, if we get admitted, this is typically why. He has so much coming out that he just can't keep up with what he needs to take in. Our prayer is this will pass quickly. He's battled this in the past any where from just 2-3 days clear up to 27 days. My heart just breaks for him because it makes his little tummy just ache. Abby thankfully is not sick right now for the two to pass it between themselves. She's had a rough day of fatigue, however. She did well at the church this a.m. during our mom's group, but by the time we left, she was so exhausted, she forgot what NO meant. She slept a better part of the afternoon. Right now, I just feel exhausted. Between trying to keep Joey healthy today, Abby able to either nap or rest and complete all of our appointments... I WANT TO COLLAPSE!!! Tomorrow... we will take Joey to the doc to make sure fluids are holding OK and then that is it. =) I will sit in my chair and REST. =)

No comments: