Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Rough day...

Well, today has been a rough day. I started my morning with two crabby kids who didn't want to listen to anything. Then, we accomplished school... (that was the good part of the day! Abby always cooperates for school! Her favorite!), then we were off to rehab. They have decided that Abby needs to be drinking thickened liquids (Joey does this as well.... with poor muscle tone in swallowing, it helps you not to aspirate the fluids into your lungs). I was disappointed to hear that. But, it's doable... then, we leave rehab and both kids fell immediately to sleep. They didn't wake up when I carried them in... as I opened the door... I was overwhelmed by a burning smell. I run to the kitchen where I had left a roast cooking in the crockpot, only to find that the porclein bowl had cracked and water had gone every where from the bowl and the meet was now sitting in the bottom of the crockpot burning! So... I clean this up all the while... Abby slept three hours and when she woke, her legs gave out because she had been pushed to far. That was hard for me to watch and Jeff had to help her while I gathered myself in the other room. She is doing better tonight. Very tired... Aunt Christi was wonderful to come over and watch the kids so I could go to the Building to Bless with Jeff tonight. I enjoyed that! Poor Abby though, she never just sits especially when aunt Christi is around... she sat in the chair all evening. So... Joey utilized aunt Christi's time VERY WELL! =) HE kept her hopping! Anyways... things continue and Abby was very talkative tonight. As soon as aunt Christi left, she never stopped talking! I think she talked herself to sleep! Hmm.. must get that from her daddy ;) So, we await tomorrow! Wednesday is our home day and I rejoice for Wednesday! Most get excited for Friday... but NOT ME!!! Bring on Wednesday cause I just wanna stay home!!

No comments: