Thursday, September 20, 2007

Lost in the shuffle...

I seemed to have gotten lost in the shuffle the last few days. I feel like my days have just all run together and well... I'd just rather sleep than blog. =) Today, we went to have the kids fitted for big kid strollers. Well, we ended up leaving realizing that we were getting actual wheel chairs, not strollers. That was hard. When Abby climbed up in one to see how she did with this, my heart sank. I felt tears flood my eyes. I felt like I had given up on them and I felt like I was giving into their illness. I struggle with that. Being a mom of sick children, you get all kinds of people with all kinds of opinions. I questioned "Is my faith not strong enough" or "Am I doing something wrong." But then I look at the here and now. God says NOT to worry about tomorrow for Tomorrow will worry about itself. So, today, I look at what is going on. My children are not healed today. I pray every day that I'll wake up and I'll see a miraculous change in them but for some reason, we haven't seen that yet. Today, I pray, but I see my children tired after walking through the grocery, or running to the post office, I see them struggle with eating the more tired they get, I hear words begin to slur, I see legs begin to shake, and you know, I realize, I haven't given up because I am still trusting God. I'm still relying on Him and today, He has provided these chairs for my children to help them through... Tomorrow... I'm not worried... God knows the answer. Do I fear it, sometimes... but I'm not going to allow it to destroy my today. Today, my daughter picked out pearl pink legs for a chair that's going to enable her to go watch a Dolphin show at the zoo with out climbing several stairs to sit in a bench that she can't see over the crowd and then not enjoy the rest of the day because she had to climb stairs that exhuasted her. Today, my son picked out orange legs for a chair that is going to allow him to enjoy going places he wouldn't be able to go on foot because he struggles to make his muscles all work together. So... it's ok. I will take this and I will thank God there is something to make today better. I just want to say thank you to every one of you who has given us hugs through this, who has prayed heartfelt prayers for strength and healing, who has sent notes or cards of encouragement... That means so much. Your kindness has been such a blessing. I pray God blesses you for your kindness and your love for our family. When we face these things, nothing means more than just hearing "We love you." Those words can take a heart much farther than any other! So, thanks! We feel loved by so many!

2 comments:

mom & dad said...

Mindy, We are so proud of you and we are so thankful that God gave you these two precious little children who are so full of life and joy and Jesus. And we are so happy that YOU and JEFF are also just FULL of Jesus. You are doing the best that you can. You are doing what the doctors have asked you to do and you are trusting God with all of the rest. You are trusting God with all of your hearts. And you are so right in doing that. You are right. We cannot worry about tomorrow. We can only trust God for today and for the strength that we need for today. And He is enough. We know His heart and His heart is love. He has the four of you held tightly in the palm of His hand and you are safe there. We can sleep at night because He is in control [and we are not the ones in control!]. I'm so glad that you are listening to His voice. And I am so thankful for the people who are supporting you and loving you through all of this. I am sure that God will richly bless your faith and your trust in him. We love you honey. I don't have any of the answers to all of this but God does. We love you so much. mom and dad

Cari said...

So, true, God gives us so many ways to work through each illness. We cannot ignore today looking onto tomorrow. I just will continue to pray that you make the most of each blessing today brings. All of us Lotts love all of you!!!!