Sunday, September 23, 2007

Meet Leggs...


Well, this is leggs, or rather a look alike of leggs. Leggs is my dad's pet chicken. I know, some of you have absolutely have to be wondering by now. My parents do Children's ministry and one of my dad's characters is Chef Stand on Word. Well, the Chef has his pet chicken "leggs" that he carries every where. Well, Joey met leggs for the first time tonight ever. Leggs had been retired and replaced by a new look alike. I had to chuckle, most would probably wonder about a pet chicken, but this chicken is so popular, my dad has his legs taped on with veggie tale bandaids. Yep it is true. Leggs no longer travels to share Jesus, but instead, he finds himself being tucked into my mom's side of the bed nightly... and now, has found himself being raced around the house by Joey and GROWLING... not clucking, growling and biting the family! =) Oh the joys! Abby enjoyed making little sandwiches with my mom tonight. We press out little crescent rolls and stuff them with meats and cheeses, wrap them up tight and bake 'em. I can remember when I first made these how much fun it was... I still haven't forgotten. Abby had a blast! However, she kept telling grandma what grandma could do... not waiting to find out what Abby could do. =) Oh, and a side note... I was nervous about blogging today... yesterdays seemed to stir up the attention! =)

1 comment:

mom & dad said...

you forgot to mention that it is dad who tucks that chicken in on my pillow every night in order to terrorize me. He's so funny!

We had SO MUCH fun making those little sandwiches! And now Aberoonie got to be part of the festivities!!!!! How much fun is that!?!?!

sleep tight kiddos....