Monday, September 17, 2007

In the midst of frustration...


I'm learning a lot from my kids right now. Tonight, I was putting Abby to bed and she had been really being a stinker tonight. Into every thing, not listening, asking the same question a million times, making a million demands with a pleading whine to back them up and so on... Finally, I sighed a sigh of relief when I realized our toys are finally picked up and it is BED TIME! Yes, sweet bedtime... but oh the listening didn't begin here. Just another battle. In the midst of it though, she sweetly proclaims, "Mommy, I love you." I melted and every thing was just ok again. For one moment, I was just in a moment of awe. My daughter said she loves me. Then I have to stop to wonder, does God feel that when we finally stop our crazy lives to tell him that? Does he have the same warm feeling that we do when our children tell us that? I think that he probably does and then some. So, tonight, won't you give God that time to snuggle up and say, "Papa, I love you!"

1 comment:

Cari said...

So, true...so, true. Isn't it amazing what kids teach us?