Thursday, December 20, 2007

Breath of Heaven...

I purchased one of the cd's at the christian book store that was just sitting in a "discount" rack. I didn't know it had one of my favorite songs on it. I just was in the mood for a Christmas album and well... it looked good... so I took it. Anyways, the song basically talks about Mary as she was pregnant with Jesus. I think I like it so much because the chorus is what I cry out for every day "Breath of heaven, hold me together." Some times life seems like too much. Tests on my kids that are painful, pains in their body that most don't feel until they are extremely old, fears they face, every thing with the extended family... Some times I sit and beg God to hold me together. Here lately, I have felt like the hold isn't enough and pieces are about to fly. I have been doing a lot of praying and asking God for more strength to face each day... My moto has become "One day at a time." I can't look to tomorrow because today is enough... The strength that God has given me in that is incredible. I don't understand why we face the things we do in life, but I do know that God has given us what we need for today. I listened to this song over and over tonight on my drive home from Muncie. Both kids were asleep and it was just me... so, I hit repeat and each time I sang it, I felt this closeness. God is here in the midst. I remember before we had Abby, I begged God for children. The doctors said would never happen with out medical intervention... I finally let go... then came Abby. When I realized I was pregnant... The first prayer I prayed was to tell God that this child was his for his glory... She has been. The kids have faced so much, but not with out cause. Their lives have impacted many... Jeff and I are changed... people around us talk about how they are changed. Abby's faith has spoken to many... People in the medical field have watched how we hold together and trust God... Joey's joy has touched so many... through all the pain, he never stops smiling. If one life is changed by all that we have gone through... then may we call it all for God's glory and rejoice in it! So, tonight, I'm asking you to do something... if the kids lives has impacted you in some way... tell us about it! We'd love to hear it. Those kind of stories keep us going... So, click comments below and tell us your story!

2 comments:

Cari said...

I have really learned a lot about how God works in our lives by watching your family. You always hear stories about how God will work in other people's lives, but to see it in a close friend's life makes it that much more real. I love watching God provide what you need when you need it. I love watching the kids and how they survive while going through everything. And no matter how tough things get, I love knowing that God is really holding your whole family. It is all just AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

Mindy and Jeff,
You two have touched Aaron and I's life through your faithfulness. We have spoke of you two on many occasions and the conversation generally ends with "When we go through difficult times (not just petty little life things) I hope we can act as Mindy and Jeff do." We know it isn't always easy to trust God and there are days of asking why? but you two never blame God and have drawn closer to him instead of distancing yourself. You have used your circumstances to be a witness. You are witnessing to the saved and unsaved alike. Thank you for your obedience! God is so big and he is doing BIG things through your family! -Melissa