Friday, December 28, 2007

Needing a blanky...

The last 24 hours have been the most frightening of my life and I think I need a blanky and a corner!!! I'm so tired! Abby spiked a fever of nearly 104 within 20 min. last night that through her into cluster seizures. As I was driving to the ER, I'm not sure but what I spent more time looking back at her sleeping in her seat than I did actually looking at the high way. In a moment like that, you have to pull it together and be strong, but I wanted to crack. My heart begged to sit some where and hold her as close as I could. Abby has never had a seizure until last night. We learned today though, that many that close together really isn't safe. So, we have a new med that daddy and I are learning to use. It's only used in a situation like last night, not one she will take every day. I pray that was the first and the LAST!!! She was so brave though! She took every thing in stride. I don't know how she does it... She is still running a low grade temp tonight, so I think I'm a bit on edge... I guess waiting for strike two... but praying we are all done with that business! I don't think I'll have any trouble falling asleep tonight. I got three hours last night and then a 1 hour nap today. So... sleep is coming quickly!!! =) Night all!

1 comment:

Shelby-Grace said...

I think God has given Abby and Joey just the right parents. Ones that take care of them, help them through incredibly scary and unsure moments in their lives and parents that have hearts devoted to loving Christ and loving their kids just the same! Always praying for you!