Sunday, December 2, 2007

Where do I begin!!?!?!?!?!

Oh man! There is BIRTHDAY EVERY WHERE IN MY HOUSE!!!! I'm not kidding. There is not a corner of my house that doesn't have a new toy, a gift bag, left over party supplies, etc... =) Oh it was so much fun! I'm working very hard today to pull the house back to a some what orderly fashion. I don't think my house is ever 100% clean. My kids just don't permit that. I have struggled with that here recently, but I'm learning that they come first and the rest will fall into place when it does. You know, this season of life has taught me so much. The importance of life, the importance of people and family, the reality of spending every moment to its fullest. In my last posting, I listed all that is going on in life and I can spend my time trying to make my house perfect, trying to keep my van spotless, trying to put my time into busy work to please others, but the reality of it comes down too... there is nothing more important than spending that time with my children and my family who needs me. Things are going to be out of order at times and it is important to keep things in order... but it's so much more important that people see God in me and my family knows that mommy loves them. I doubt that my kids are going to look back and say "Man, mom really kept the house clean, she must really love me!" nope, I think they'll look back and say "mom held me when I didn't feel good, mom snuggled me when I was scared because of the bad day I was having..." That's what I want them to remember... not a mommy that was so busy keeping the house clean that they didn't have their literal needs met. I have no idea what any of our futures hold... but I know one thing... no matter what... I want EVERY ONE TO KNOW, I loved my family and I loved my God with all of my heart. I want my babies to grow up and look back and say "man, mom was such an example to me. She loved me so much and wow... look at how she loved God." I want my extended family and friends to know that as well. So, I am stiving to put my focus where it belongs in ALL of our situations right now. We love you all! Thanks for being there for us! Stop by the kids pages today to leave them a message if you have time! They love it!!!

No comments: