Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Pray...

So, often, I think we all think of prayer sitting in a little Sunday school class, or at the dining table and it being a simple "thank you for..." But it is so much more! I think we get lost in the busy times of life and we forget how vital prayer is! I know I do anyways. I know I have here a lot recently. I know I send out my usual desperate cries of "God please heal my kids." But that isn't the only thing he wants to hear! He wants me to pray with out ceasing! He wants that relationship with me! The light bulb came on today and I realized that I have gotten so busy in trying to track meds, doc appointments, therapies, that I have forgotten a vital ingredient... Making God a part of every moment. My life is lived out in front of my children who watch me every day. Am I showing them that I have a 911 relationship with God and I only call on him in desperate moments or am I showing them that God is here in good and bad? So, today, we started something new. We have been having some behavioral issues with Abby. She's hitting an age that she sees differences in her and other children. She's had a flood of emotions from sadness to anger... which in turn means, we act out. So, we started our morning with prayer together. We have continued this through our day and it makes an amazing difference. My light bulb came on yesterday when I hit another wall. I was frustrated with behaviour and i started to get really mad. I stopped and simply said "God, what do I do?" I had no divine revelation in the moment, but I did have one thing happen for certain... PEACE. I felt God there and simply talking to him with a question changed the moment. He gave me the peace of mind I needed to be there for my child and love her through the moment. It's amazing when you stop and just let go and let God step in... Have you tried it today? Man, it's great!!!!

3 comments:

Shelby-Grace said...

I like the new look. Shelby says, "whoo hoo pink!"

This is a great reminder to me, I know. I think the only times Shelby thinks you need to pray is at meals and bedtime! And that's a huge mistake on my part. I need to do a better job of showing her that there is never a time you can't pray. Especially in those times when my patience is just about depleted! Thanks Mindy!

Unknown said...

Thanks Mindy, this is just what I needed to read. I too, have been so busy taking my stepfather to radiation treatments, doctor's appts., hospital ER, pharmacy etc., these last four weeks that I have not spent much time with God. Tommorow is Bob's last treatment and I'm looking forward to spending some QUALITY time with God in prayer.

Derek Chalfant said...

Excellent post, thanks for sharing.